Sunday, March 1

Breastpumps to choose from...

Ok, I think I have decided... last nite after the talk we had with Ina and Zaen... they advised us to just buy the breast pump, after the baby comes.. hehe.. yeah ok.. just wat I need to hear.. hehe..

I was having err.. wait, I was confused actually as to when and what kind of breast pump I should get for myself.

The manual type of the eletric type? From Avent or Medela?

Erghh.. its not easy Im telling you... cost even the chekai manual breast pump is already RM200! I kid u not.. so, not that I have anyone yg I can borrow it from.. wait seminit, I dont think I want to share with anyone pun.. hehe..

Let me show ya, the breast pumps that are in the market, and these are the options I have now with me. Click on the link to read the descriptions of the product.. 

1) Avent Isis Manual Breast Pump - RM 219.00 (mothercare/babyjaya/mybbstore), RM249.00 (lil Caliph)
Some reviews say that this is the best... the only thing its manual.. agak leceh.. I have no experience in all this, biler tanya manual so leceh la.. kan.. so its avent, but, Im having doubts with Avent as they currently takde BPA free bottles in KL. Aiyo..! However, it is the most affordable breatpump I can have now. Well, As I told Amin, I am afraid, kalau beli mahal2.. at some point, I dont produce? How leh? Bazir rite?

2)Medela Harmony - RM 249.00 (babyjaya/lil caliph)This Medela Manual Breast pump, apparently their the best breast pump... even the hospital use this brand. In Oz,NZ, USA and some European Countries. Amee used to have one, but dia kata rosak at some point. Aiyah, and said that its better to get the electric ones... Whats good about this one is that it has thi technology that stimulates the act of the actual breastfeeding tau.. so, i dunno, this one seems better than Avent, dont you think?

3) Medela Mini Electric - RM 449 (lil caliph/babyjaya), RM 404.10 (mybbstore)
This is a single type only its battery operated hand held breast pump.. So tak payah la pakai tangan cam the manual type kan? Pakai AA type battery pun dah ok jer. Hm, from the description, like so so jer, pakai manual pun ok... hmm I dunno now.. 

4) Medela Swing - RM 768 (lil caliph/babyjaya/mybbstore)
This one pulak looks good.. still on the expensive side.. but, only this its a single breastpump la kan.. Hehe.. see how confuse I am... ? 

5) Medela Pump In Style - RM 1,688 (lil caliph/babyjaya) 
Wohoo... this is the best breast pump la kira nya.. hehe.. lihatla harganya! Tak dapat jack! 

For now, Im still so semangat to breastfeed, padahal I hear so many advices to just sabar and yada yada.. coz, its not easy as we see... kena let the baby latch and depress for now expressing suma kan.. hehe.. tu jer la yg buat me think that its not worth it to buy those RM700 punya kind.. padahal tu yg works best.. aiyakk..! And then, kena ingat, after 2 months, I got to back to work.. and u know, how i work kan? Ceshh! 

Y my grandmas dulu selamber bomba dorang jer kan... rasanya cam tak susah utk dorang kan? 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi dear, if you put in your mind you want to breastfeed, insyaAllah there's always enough milk provided you nurse your baby on demand and eat healthily (dont diet). If you really want to breastfeed your baby longer, you really need a good breastpump, and yes, do invest a bit. It's expensive, but it's highly recommendable. I suggest you get the electrical ones, best is Medela Swing esp if as a first timer you dont know the technique on getting the milk flow (called let-down), the pump will actually 'help' you get it :)

My 2 sen anyway.

[purple_clouds] said...

Hi mom2que,

Thanks for dropping by. :) Appreciate your advise. yeah, Medela Swing is in the list now, tu la, if I want long term got to spend a bit more kan...

Do drop by again. Cya!