







Oh well. As many of u know, I LOVE parties. Organizing one for my son's first birthday party was something that I have been dreaming of and planning since he was- a day old? Hehe.
With the help of TJ and Amin, of course. Thank you very much guys.
~ The plan ~
Theme
We chose Elmo coz Rayyan is so crazy over Elmo. Sgt excited kalau tgk shows from Sesame Street, lagi lagi kalau show yang ada Elmo.
Other plans was his fave cartoon characters like Pocoyo (but too baby-ish) and Little Einsteins (but more for toddler and susah cari barang2).
Venue
I browsed thru alot of possible and nice places to have the party, but a few yang closed for renovation lah and yada yada. Then, I asked Mom and she agreed to let us have the party at home, well, if so we could have save some money and thot it will be easier la at home. Rayyan can have his nap and alot of rest with the comfort of his own home kan.
Made the guest list and tu pun dah cecah 120 pax. Just family of mine and Amin's and a few real close frens. Oh me oh my. Sgt tak muat la rumah. After much thinking, and also the kabutness of nak kemas rumah, I've decided to go to the Club that's near to our place. So, it'll be so convenient for all of us. Especially for Rayyan. The only available space that they had was the pool area. Agak cuak sbb mmg musim hujan masa petang. Tapi takper lah, boleh sewa tent.
Went for a visit, we were impressed by the place. Rayyan pun super excited tengok the pool. Habis kasut pun basah sebab dicelupkan dalam pool tu.
It was perfect! So, the theme had to be changed to Elmo Pool Party :P
I dont like the person that I had to deal with at the club, but oh well, biasalah.
Food
We had to take a few dishes from the Club. And were allowed to bring 2-3 kinds from home. Well, cheaper leh. Hehe. In the end, agak sebab mahal, we decided to only order Mee Hoon Goreng (tak pedas so the kiddos can eat as well, with cili potong aside for the adults), Orange Cordial and my fave Teh Tarik,
Nek Nin and TJ came the morning of the party to help make Tuna & Egg sandwiches - which was a big HIT! Sedappp!
Mom helped goreng the Super Yummy McDs-like nuggets and fries. This is mainly for the kids tapi nuggets, mmg dah habis awal2. Hehe. I managed to grab some :P
Ordered Satay from Ayahcik. Ooh super sedap with the condiments and kuah kacang. Terasa nak satay pulak ni! Aunty Nor pon kasi 2 poxes of Kuih Seri Muka. I didnt get to makan, but I know it was so sedap! :)
Mom bought some fruits. We had manggis, rambutan and epal and hidang dalam bakul Sarawak. Oh so nice. Hehe.
Alhamdulillah, semua makanan habis. Only satay pun ada extra to habis malam tu jugak :)
Cakes
I ordered 50pcs of Elmo cupcakes from my bro's gf, Wawa. Her cuppies mmg sedap. Had a hard time to decide on which flavour. Hahah. Only the morning diaorg nak pegi holiday tu, I've decided to order Cheezy Oreo and Strawberry! The cuppies sedap and me love how it turned out. Good Job Wa! Siap bawak the tower coz I so love them!
Pilih cake pun susah, Went to everyone yang buat cake, but none yang I suka coz their Elmo doesn't look like the real Elmo. Dah la mahal. Hehe. Nak fondant pulak tu. :P
Nasib baik, Amee recommended me to her cake lady and terus agreed when I saw her previous Elmo cake. By far yg ada rupa Elmo. I emailed a few contoh and she chose to buat 2 tier cake. Yes, call me poyo but its sad la kan, if rupa tak sama. Plus, the price was reasonable. I loved it! Good Job on the cake!
Decorations
Jenuh la TJ pegi cari barang2 Elmo dekat Melbourne. Tapi suma I sayang nak pakai. Tp peliknya tak byk, rasa2 barang ELmo zaman2 muda mudi I dulu banyak je.
My mom sponsored the helium at the last minute when dengar anaknya giler nak tiup all 100pcs.. When agak dah over budget I just bought the balloons and konon2 nak tiup! Hahaha. We went with Red, Blue & Yellow. TJ temaned and showed us the shop all the way in Shah Alam.
Dad was incharged to 2 main things - Pick up cake and the Bubble area. I went to buy the Bubble Factory thing in Toys R Us. Cari2 masa sale tapi takde. Ok lah, boleh pakai lagi. Having bubbles lagi la best. So exciting!
We got a banner "HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY" to hang kat Cake area. Same place we bought the balloons, Balloon Buzz in Shah Alam.
Amin's boss, was so generous to give Rayyan all the Elmo Foil Helium balloons and alot of other balloon bouquets. Mmg best ada byk balloons around. Meriah.
We also bought a beach ball and pool noodles for the kids at the pool Got those @ Giant KD saje.
Party Favours
This was my big big worry. Not worry lah, but also the most exciting part of the party. But I am happy with have we gathered and gave to the kids who attended Rayyan's party.
Thank you to TJ & Nek Nin who found the perfect bag to isi the favors!
1) Big round Cookie - made by my cousin and aunty - The cookiemonSTAR!
2) Mini Play-Doh - my fave~
3) Little rubber duckies!
4) Elmo badge
5) Red balloons
Thanks to everyone who came and also the presents. Thanks for all the help throughout the party - planning and kemas2. We are blessed to have such amazing family and friends. Thank you for making this party a memorable one for Rayyan and his parents! Hope you had a great time too!
LOVE!
No comments:
Post a Comment