Saturday, June 29

Baby #2

Here's welcoming our 2nd baby into the family!

Born on the 13 June 2013 aka 13.06.13 (nice huh?) at 22:25hrs. Weighing at 3.22kg.
I didn't expect my debob baby to be more than 3kg, Coz during Rayyan's time he was estimated to bearound  3ish Tp he was only 2.89kg when he came out. Doctor's calculation may not be accurate in terms of size & yada yada via ultrasound sometimes. So yeah,  I was surprised! A nice surprise of course :)

I've been wanting to blog about my experience, so here it is... before I forget about it :P 

I started to feel the series of mini contractions the night before.  It was just Me & Rayyan at home. After we had our dinner, I suddenly decided to have a long warm shower which  was when I felt my 1st contraction & knew it was time.  Siap potong kuku dah to get ready. Texted Amin about it then went to sleep. Well, tried to sleep. I couldn't really sleep though, but I needed the rest. 

Contractions became more intense & regular by 6am. That's when I say lets's to go to the hospital.  Packed our bags,  well finalise la kiranya since I've pre-packed a week earlier.

Rayyan was up early too,  explained to him that the baby is coming & that we need to go to hospital but we are sending him to Hatok's house. Luckily he understood and obeyed.  Tak byk cerita lah.

Dah sampai hospital but my contractions takde la kuat mana, it was ok mehhh gitu je. Adoi but rasa sakit bebenar. By then,  I was already 4cm dilated. 

So Amin went to register for me; great thing was that, nasib baik the room we wanted tu masih available. Walaupun they did not change it as I requested in my pre-register  form. Dah namanya rezeki kan? 

At 12ish, Abah came  with Nek nin & Rayyan to check on me.  Rayyan pun qda therapy on the same day. Jessie took half day to be with us too.  Mom came around 7am but I was already in labour.

Around 4ish, the contractions was still low so the nurses suggested that I go for a walk, so yeah I did. Even went out to lepak with family in the waiting room.  It became stronger at around 7ish. I ate my dinner,  and got back to my bed. Amin was beside me all the way. 

I made up my mind to not take the epidural this time coz I for 1,  thought that I could handle the pain since I was not induced and 2, didn't know what the pain crazy! Hehe. 

Alhamdulillah, the walking around in the ward paid off! The pain got stronger & I was dilating. I finally I took the gas. Oh man,  it only made me maybe calmer,  but oh Damn it! the pain was unbearable. By 8;30pm the doctor was already on her way to the hospital while I was 7cm dilated.  Dia makan dulu,  then only at 9ish she came to  see me & break my waterbag. By then,  I was already 8cm dilated.

Meanwhile, dekat bilik menunggu pulak, dah ramai relatives, uncles, aunties & cousins came to support & sama-sama menunggu ketibaan si kecil ni. I was so happy & terasa sungguh disayangi tambah bersemangat nak deliver. Ye lah knowing all these lovely people yang datang to be here with us. Yes, I am lucky, Alhamdulillah. My parents, Rayyan, Aunty Nin, Jessie, Ayah Jone, Aunty Not, Danial, Iqa, Maksu, Alif, Yana, Tina & Hafiz. Tak lupa jugak pada yang mendoakan dia rumah. 

So sweet of the doctor to come in to my ward again to ask me "Narisha,  are you ok?" haha I seriously wanted to laugh coz sampai jadi risau gak doctor tgk I punya tak tahan sakit.  I just nodded.  By this time dah high with oxygen. Oh man,  I don't understand the concept la gas tu! 

Bila dah 10cm dilated,  tunggu doctor coz she was in the other labour room.  Aiyo.  Sebelum amik gas,  I believe I could handle the pain with my breathing technique,  but oi takde maknanya dah lepas sakit gila tu.  Kelam kabut breathing dah. Hehe.  Menjerit ada la. I think i hurt Amin a little bit by grabbing his hand wayy too kuat. Hahaha.

Doctor was also rushing for another labor, tp a caeserian one so agak stress disitu bila saya pon tak nak dia pegi sana dulu sebelum settle dengan saya. Wah gitu. Selfish. U got to baby. Sometimes, of course. 

Masih ingat lagi, at this point i was already meneran sebab nak menahan sakit. Oh my. But the nurse told me not to, kalau tidak boleh terkoyak dibawah sana. Adoihai, pulak dah. The whole time I was cursing myself for not taking the epidural. Haha. YaAllah, sakit dia memang tiada tandingan. I honestly didnt expect. I thought that I could handle pain but obviously, I couldn't. 

Almost dah tak dapat nak tahan lagi dah penderitan itu apabila contractions pon dah takde gap, tiada rest... Twice or 3 times in a row. Woah. Ini anak kedua, tapi cerita macam 1st time beranak kan? 

Luckily, tak lama lepas tu doctor pun sampai dan sudah masanya untuk meneran betul-betul. Hehe. Dengan sokongan padu daripada Amin, nurses & doctor sendiri menyokong "Come on, Narisha!" Dalam masa 5 minit, selamatlah saya melahirkan bayi ini ;) 

Saya betul-betul terasa meneran kali ni macam was harder this time. Maybe because baby was a bit bigger than the brother? Maybe! But, I was really pushing. Thank god la pulak that I wasn't blur & went "ok, how do I push?" Hehe. I managed to follow  instructions from the nurses; To pegang handle pada katil, dekatkan dagu pada dada semasa 'push' & I pushed pada masa masa yang sesuai. Hoorahh!  Seingatnya,  it was 3pushes. Amin said that Aydan's (that's what we are naming him) head was facing down masa kepala dulu yang keluar. Oh betapa leganya,  apabila dah berjaya push dengan selamat & tanpa bantuan lain.  Memang bersyukur.  
 
Amin sempat record the time when the baby came out, nak dengar his first cry. Walaupun begitu, ia tidak akan di dengari oleh sesiapa. Hehe. It should be kept private too right? Jawapannya,  Yes! :) 

Walaupun menyesal masa tu kerana tiada epidural, tapi I am still thankful for this experience. Alhamdulillah. Now I know for sure how it feels like. A natural childbirth. Epidural is really a shortcut, I tell chu! I can't stop thinking how my grandma did it with her 11anaks ok! Eleven! Bukan ada gas ke apa pulak tu, ok tak perlu bayangkan. (Al fatihah kepada arwah) 

Alhamdulillah, all went well. I am fine & most importantly our baby is ok too. We are naming him Aydan but haven't decided on his second name yet. By far, he's been good & easy to take care of. Cuma macam biasa lah, bila nak susu & diaper dah ada isi tu dia menjerit lah.  Lepas tu then he'll  be ok. Back to sleep most of the time pun. Hehe. Biasalah kan. He's fully breastfed. Umbilical cord tanggal exactly 2weeks lepas bersalin. Uri dia ditanam right next to his brother's, all was taken care of by my parents. Semoga adik beradik ni akan sayang, menjaga each other (dan adik-adik yg lain jika ada lagi) sampai bila-bila, bersatu & bahagia dunia akhirat bersama. YA Allah,  jauhkan mereka dengan perasaan hasad dengki,  benci,  cemburu & sebagainya di antara satu sama lain.  

I am taking this opportunity to say thank you to everyone; Amin, my parents, brother, aunties, uncles, cousins, in-laws, friends & relatives for everything. I am very lucky to have such amazing supprt system. I can never repay what you all have done for me/us. My parents especially.  Big big thanks. Semoga tuhan saja yang dapat membalas jasa baik mereka semua.

Gambar buat tatapan :) 






No comments: